Total Pageviews

Wednesday 19 March 2008

Progression


Hopefully you can make out in the photo above that some more track and sleepers have been laid. The three points on the first board are now glued down and a fair amount of track laid around them.

Here's the first photo of stock on my layout! There's a NWNGR coal wagon and brake van along with an FR 3 ton slate wagon n the first 14" siding. The WD Ambulance van is on the siding at the end of the loop and the NWNGR workmans' coach is just on the crossing from the loop onto the main towards Beddgelert.

The underneath of the layout is already covered in spaghetti so I thought it was high time to actually complete the wiring diagram for this board and try to cut down on the wiring looms as much as possible. As you can see thre's quite a bit already and this doesn't include the point motor circuits or electromagnets. I did think about getting away from a load of this by going DCC, with the real aim of realisitc slow speed running. However the more I looked at decoders and my stable the more I realised that only locos the size of Russell or above would really be able to accomodate them so it's been put on hold. If anyone's got any other info, experience or cunning ideas then I'm more than open to suggestions.

1 comment:

Tom said...

I would rethink your DCC comment, as i'm just looking at it for Dunbracken.

I'm currently building a Backwoods Fowler diesel, and am planning on fitting a Zimo MX620 decoder to it, it's tiny...
http://www.digitrains.co.uk/newfile1.html

If you want more info on what i'm doing then email me... tom dauben @ hotmail . com remove the spaces though.

Trackwork looks good, glad to see some progress.